Dalmore 12 Year old

The Land of Fruit and Spice

Boglehill

18th Aug 2015

Tasting Notes by Boglehill

Pleasantly sweet nose with raisins and spice. Flavors of vanilla, nutmeg, raisins, dark chocolate and coffee. Smooth bodied and easy drinking. Strong malty backbone present. Lingering lightly sweet-spice finish of dark fruits, prunes and cherries. A very approachable single malt that is sure to please a variety of palates.

Tags

Dalmore

Region:

Highland

40%

Full Gold

Comments

newreverie

newreverie wrote:

I'm curious for your reasoning behind your score. The review you have given is very positive and consistent with my experience. If I had to detract from this bottle, I would mention that I think it might be over sherried, to the point where there is almost a grenadine type flavoring in the profile. Not sure if that would knock my score down to an 83.

18 August 2015 15:46
Boglehill

Boglehill wrote:

I bought this bottle several months ago, had a few glasses, but then I put down in my cellar for a while and forgot about it. It was slightly better than I remembered though. Body is rich with plenty of earthy fruit and spice notes, which help keeps in check the sherry sweetness. Unlike something like Balvenie Doublewood which I find thin, flat and one-dimensional.

19 August 2015 00:38
mct

mct wrote:

The dalmore company was recently bought by a philippine investor. I wonder hwo this will affect the quality

18 September 2015 08:43