Glen Garioch 12 Year old

Crisp

ewhiskey

16th Jan 2013

Tasting Notes by ewhiskey

This Glen Garioch is fresh, crisp, creamy and sugary. A warming desert. The nose offers aromas of a refreshing mint julep and milky caramel drizzled over a red and delicious apple. The cold woodsy scent of a frozen tree branch breezes in at the end. On the palate, sugar and cinnamon jump out immediately chased by a sharp dryness. The dryness carries to the finish and through. The caramel and red and delicious come back, peel on. The bitterness of the apple's skin sits on the palate for a short to medium finish. Glen Garioch is a refreshing addition to my cabinet. I like to enjoy a dram after an outdoor sports activity.

Tags

Glen Garioch

Region:

Highland

48%

Young Sauternes

Comments

gibbsjim

gibbsjim wrote:

I have tried the new 12 yr and Founders Reserve and both are really solid single malts. The 12 yr had a bit of a bite when I first opened it and sort of a charcoal after taste which I didn't care for at all. After oxidizing and a few weeks in the bottle, I tried it again. The sting had mellowed and the after taste sweetened to something very nice. I rate this about 85 points and got another bottle of it. This stuff is very good!

12 January 2014 14:27