Highland Park Earl Magnus Edition One 15 Year Old

Honeyed sherrywood balance

lucadanna1985

3rd Feb 2011

Tasting Notes by lucadanna1985

Body: long and thin legs.

Nose: soothing, sweet with honey and fruits, subtle sherry notes. Overall very pleasing.

Palate: sherry hits you at first, this is a typical HP profile but stronger and subtler at the same time. Refined. Second sip: the sherry comes up mixed with spices and a vague fruitiness, extremely pleasant again. The ABV is evident and it tingles your mouth together with the spices. Wood in the aftertaste, it grows up sip after sip, accompanied by heather honey. I really like it!

Finish: complex honeyed finish, with wood, sherry and spices.

Overall: balanced orcadian beauty: sherry on one side, honey on the other, livened up by spices and polished with a touch of wood. A heart-warmer.

This was a sample kindly offered by Mark Dermul, thank you Toshan man!

Tags

Highland Park

Region:

Island

52.6%

Pale Straw

Comments

CJames

CJames wrote:

Sounds great, wish I could have got a hold of one. Have you tried the Saint Magnus?

09 February 2011 18:58
lucadanna1985

lucadanna1985 wrote:

@CJames Unluckily I didn't, this was a sample received from Mark Dermul! I've heard good things of it, but these releases are a bit hard to track down and pretty expensive too...that said, I really love HP's profile...

30 June 2011 10:04
Fons

Fons wrote:

I also was able to taste it thanks to a sampkle from @markjedi1, for which I am very thankful. Lovely whisky indeed sad to know it isn't available any more. I'd like to buy a bottle of the St. magnus, but the steep price is making me hold back. For now.

23 August 2011 22:09
markjedi1

markjedi1 wrote:

I think the whisky is more than ok, but doesn't warrant the high price tag. There are equally good HP's out there for less money.

24 August 2011 09:19