Talisker 10 Year old 20cl

2nd From The 3-Pack

talexander

25th Feb 2012

Tasting Notes by talexander

Some time ago I posted a review of the Distiller's Edition (which was part of a Talisker 3-Pack I acquired). Now it's time for the ubiquitous Talisker 10.

A shimmering light golden honey colour. Nose has, first and foremost, peat on the front, but also honey, vanilla, white pepper, raisin, all carried by a salty breeze. Very clean and refreshing.

It has a dry mouthfeel but the palate is beautiful. The peat goes more toward the back and is fronted by lemon zest, some cereal notes, maltiness, honey, dates and those raisins. Delicious!

A long, smoky, lingering finish. This is fantastically balanced between smoke, salt and fruitiness. And water brings everything out!

I could never tire of this one - I love it! But I may love the 57 Degrees North Talisker even more - I'll have that review in the coming weeks...

Tags

Talisker

Region:

Island

45.8%

Pale Straw

Comments

thecyclingyogi

thecyclingyogi wrote:

another solid review, brother. had a dram of this last night, one of my "everyday" favourites.

26 February 2012 00:02
bfb

bfb wrote:

The latest bottles of Talisker bear no resemblance to previous batches. It can leave a nasty taste in your mouth. If you like the taste of bile, then buy the latest batch, if not, I suggest buying something else. I used to love Talisker but I'll be taking a break from it until I can be assured that it tastes good again and/or Diageo give the brand to somebody competent. Complaining to Diageo is a complete waste of your time and money as they won't even send you enough to reimburse you for the bottle you return to them and then they ignore your emails.

04 April 2012 15:02