Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Caol Ila 'Moch'

0 6

@olivier
olivier started a discussion

Has anyone tasted the Caol Ila Moch ? (see maltsandmore.de/products/de/…). I tried googling for it but all the pages returned were German (.de) with a few Dutch ones. As a great fan of Caol Ila, I am curious.

13 years ago

6 replies

@OCeallaigh
OCeallaigh replied

@olivier Well, I speak German. That website basically says that Moch is not like other Islay malts. It's lighter but it still has an intense peat flavor.

They say it is the gentlest whisky under Caol Ila.

Gentle, soft aromas followed by a clear almost pure taste with all of the typical Caol Ila notes.

13 years ago 0

@olivier
olivier replied

@OCeallaigh Thnak you very much for the translation. Sounds interesting, particularly at around 30 Euros.

13 years ago 0

@galg
galg replied

will taste it real soon

13 years ago 0

@jasonbstanding

Where the bloody hell in the UK can you get it?! It's listed at The Whisky Exchange as being sold out, but I don't remember getting any email via Friends of Classic Malts to say it was out there?

13 years ago 0

@olivier
olivier replied

@jasonbstanding Just received a bottle from the German site "Malts and More". Will try it over the weekend.

13 years ago 0

@olivier
olivier replied

Tried the Caol Ila Moch last night. The nose is similar to the 12yo but stronger. The palate is a bit less viscous and smoky. Similar to some of the G&M IB of 1996 and 1997. Quite nice at that price level.

13 years ago 1Who liked this?

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in