Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

London Whisky Distillery

0 13

@thewhiskyguy
thewhiskyguy started a discussion

Hey Everyone,

Sure you'll most likely have see either on Facebook or Twitter that I'm in the process of trying to open the first whisky distillery in London in just over 100 years. Had a couple of meeting with investors and have been ask to prove the market a little before a meeting next week.

I've put a together a survey using Survey Monkey, which is very short and should only take no more than 3mins.

The URL is surveymonkey.com/s/…

Thanks Darren

12 years ago

13 replies

@Alanjp
Alanjp replied

Hey Darren, I saw the London Distillery had begun following me but didnt realise it was you behind it at first! I've done the survey, and best of luck!

12 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Darren I will echo those sentiments and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, please keep us informed of your progress and if there is anything we can do to help just let us know.

12 years ago 0

@Mantisking
Mantisking replied

Filled out the survy. Good luck!

12 years ago 0

@lucadanna1985

done, and I wish you good luck!!!

12 years ago 0

@Fons
Fons replied

Done, and good luck!

12 years ago 0

@thewhiskyguy
thewhiskyguy replied

Thanks everyone! It's all very exciting and will make sure we keep you updated. D

12 years ago 0

@thewhiskyguy
thewhiskyguy replied

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for doing the Survey!

Just incase anyone is interested and not seen on our twitter (@londonwhisky), or our facebook page (facebook.com/pages/…) we've opened up some space for smaller investments in the distillery.

There are 50 spaces in total, but you can find more info on the TLDC site thelondondistillerycompany.com/founders-clu….

I've started looking at potential locations this week and the round should close in the next 3 weeks at the latest!

Cheers D

12 years ago 0

@CaptinTom
CaptinTom replied

Done, good luck.

12 years ago 0

@michaelschout

This looks like a pretty awesome venture. I wish the distillery much success!

12 years ago 0

@thewhiskyguy
thewhiskyguy replied

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update as we're £212,000 funded, so only £38,000 to go!

We're on crowdcube.com/investment/… and the minimum investment is £500 for anyone who might be interested (business plan, etc... is on there).

Found a locationa and sent some pre-licensing bits to HMRC this week. Working on the branding, so not too far off now.

Also, here's a link to an interview with Jim at The Malted Muse about what we'll be doing and should have another interview up on Whisky Market Place in the coming weeks

themaltedmuse.jellycast.com/files/audio/….

Cheers Darren

12 years ago 0

@Mountrain
Mountrain replied

@thewhiskyguy Great Idea, wouldn't source your water from the Thames though matey ;)

Like Balcones Baby Blue Whiskey shows -There is alot of merit in letting artisan enthusiasts make small batch whiskey for the Market . Best of Luck

12 years ago 0

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in