Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Happy Whisky

0 3

Smokehead started a discussion

Whats your recommended Whisky that makes you happy lifts the mood? I am slowly building up my collection but feels I am lacking the 'Happy' whisky. So far my happiest whiskies are Red Breast and the Uigeadail, so, it just strikes me that my next bottle is a Connemara!

12 years ago

3 replies

@Zanaspus
Zanaspus replied

If Uigeadail makes you happy, I'd say any other Ardbeg, Any Laphroaig, Lagavulin 16, Octomore or Talisker 10 would all fit the bill. They make me happy anyway.

12 years ago 0

Marcus replied

Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg Alligator are my "happy place" whiskies.

12 years ago 1Who liked this?

@EvaRees
EvaRees replied

Ardbeg Alligator is in the top spot for my happy whisky currently, but I also associate some buttery, not necessarily peated, whiskies with that category. I was able to try (& lord why did I not buy it!) a remarkable Benromach expression from their Origins series. It's Origins: 1 Golden Promise. You can find it even in the states with some difficulty. It's made exclusively with Golden Promise barley, a notoriously low-yield, difficult to grow variety. It produces a very buttery palate. Pure joy. I understand that The Macallan is one of few distilleries which try to use a percentage of this temperamental barley in their mash bill. They've lowered the percentage over time, so older Macallans will show more of the butter.

I'm quite taken with this buttery note in the palate, and if anyone has any suggestions of other whiskies with that element I'd love to know.

12 years ago 0

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in