Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Ardbeg Rollercoaster

1 32

@jeanluc
jeanluc started a discussion

Ardbeg are releasing a new expression called Ardbeg Rollercoaster. It's to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the committee and will be launched on February 15th (yikes, that's just one week away).

I'm told its made from one cask of each year between 1997 and 2006, thats one refill sherry butt and nine first fill bourbon casks, which should produce a few thousand bottles.

UPDATE - Committee members can order Ardbeg Rollercoaster over the phone by calling 01496 302236

14 years ago

Jump to last page

Replies: page 1/2

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

An image of the bottle can be found at blog.whivie.be. I wonder how much they will be. Did they disclose that as well?

14 years ago 0

@grapefruitmoon

It's priced at £50 a bottle. Tempting! :)

14 years ago 0

@PeatAndMeat
PeatAndMeat replied

I'm going to be getting Rollercoaster for sure (Just joined great site by the way)

14 years ago 0

@yossiyitzak
yossiyitzak replied

Hoping to order the Rollercoaster tomorrow with delivery for Thursday!

14 years ago 0

@PeatAndMeat
PeatAndMeat replied

It looks like Ardbeg Rollercoaster is only available to committee members, that's a bit of a shame.

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Ardbeg Committee Member? I'm not sure what that means. How does one become a committee member? Simply by becoming a member on the website (which I did a few weeks ago)?

14 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Yes, I think anyone can join via the website :-)

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Indeed, I just tried it and it works. I presume that means I can order my Rollercoaster next Wednesday.

14 years ago 0

@JonasPothelm
JonasPothelm replied

Aaaaaaaaaaargh ! Yes, the committee send me an invitation. Yes, I'm on the Ardbeg train (since my visit last year) Yes, I am very curious to taste this new Ardbeg 'son'. Yes, I love the peat-with-citrus melange so typically for Ardbeg. But why take a 'risk' to buy a unknown (= not tasted yet) bottle, while a long list of 'deadly wanted' bottles are screaming to enter my collection, including Ardbegs Uigedail, Renaissance (1998 bottling) and Supernova ? Unless someone can prove me the Rollercoaster is even more worth to enjoy than Uigedail or Supernova or Renaissance ... So, I'm very excited to read your reviews !!!

14 years ago 0

@PeatAndMeat
PeatAndMeat replied

I guess everyone is trying to buy a bottle today as the Ardbeg site is crazy slow... zzzzz

14 years ago 0

@WhiskyNotes
WhiskyNotes replied

Huge failure for Ardbeg today. They sure know how to create a hype, but they're not ready to deliver...

14 years ago 2Who liked this?

@WhiskyCocktailX

Naturally there is a lot of interest in Rollercoaster on its launch day. I agree @WhiskyNotes, its a shame they can't deliver on the technical side of things.

14 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Ardbeg must have had a fair idea based on the level of traffic to the holding page in the run up to today. There will be a lot of collectors hoping get hold of a bottle - do we know exactly how many are available?

14 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

We've just ordered two bottles of Ardbeg Rollercoaster over the phone by calling 01496 302236.

Apparently there are 15,000 bottles available.

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

I just ordered two bottles via the site. So yes @JL, tasting notes will follow :-)

14 years ago 0

@jdcook
jdcook replied

I've heard mixed reviews on this one, apparently it's a decent whisky, but some think it doesn't quite reach the usual heights we have come to expect from Ardbegs. It'll be interesting to see what people here experience...

14 years ago 0

I decided against this one. I went back and forth, and I'm sure it's a decent dram, but I see it as either a Supernova Lite, or a beefed up 10yo - that's being sold as a collectible (Although evidence would have it, it's not exactly that of a limited release). I can find better drams in that price range, and buying a whisky just because it's collectible is, in my humble opinion, almost a cardinal sin. Buy a whisky because you like it, and because you want to drink it. Although I'm sure that's what most of the Committee members will do.

14 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

True, there are some pretty young casks in the mix. I'll be interested to try it.

14 years ago 0

@mohler
mohler replied

Has anyone tried this one yet?

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Not yet, my bottles are still 'underway', darn!

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Just got confirmation that the bottles have shipped! Roll on, Rollercoaster! :-)

4peatssake replied

I am told the Ardbeg Company will be having a roller coaster at the distillery in May. Way to celebrate!

14 years ago 0

@LeFrog
LeFrog replied

Having read the review here today I'm really hoping my Rollercoaster will arrive in the next week. Looking forward to sampling it.

14 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Its Friday, the sun is shining and my Ardbeg Rollercoaster has just been delivered. Life is good.

@PeatAndMeat
PeatAndMeat replied

@Porrohman Curved glass and mat? Not standard issue as far as I can tell. I think the Ardbeg gods were smiling down on you ;-)

14 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

My two bottles finally arrived! Ordered them on 15th Feb, got them on 9th March. I didn't realize the mail from Scotland to Belgium would take this long, but it was worth the wait. Roll on!

14 years ago 0

@scribe
scribe replied

@Porrohman I think there was a special glass for the first 100 or 1000 orders... did you order online? I'm wondering if postal orders got included in them..

14 years ago 0

@lost_in_thought

@Porrohman You shouldn't sit on your computer... maybe that's part of the problem! :P

14 years ago 1Who liked this?

@LeFrog
LeFrog replied

@lost-in-thought Laugh? I nearly cried....

14 years ago 0

Liked by:

@jeanluc

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in