Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Scapa 16 year old released

0 7

@PeatAndMeat
PeatAndMeat started a discussion

I missed it at the time but I believe Scapa has released a 16 year old bottling, I've tried the 14 year old, which was OK. Anyone got any insight on it?

14 years ago

7 replies

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Yep, its on the site (connosr.com/whisky/island/…) no tasting notes yet but people seem to think its a bit pricey for what it is, from what I've read.

14 years ago 0

paulrpotts replied

I was sadly disappointed with Scapa 14; it is not the whisky that I fell in love with almost 20 years ago.

13 years ago 0

@YakLord
YakLord replied

It is pricy ~$119 CAD in Ontario, and ~$117 in Alberta. I've got a bottle, but I haven't opened it yet. I very much enjoyed the Gordon & McPhail bottling of a 1993 Scapa (I think it was bottled in 2004, making it an 11 year-old), which made me want to try the 16. What I have read is that it is good, but would be much better at 43% ABV and about $20 to $30 cheaper.

11 years ago 0

@Volks
Volks replied

yeh look havent had the 14 or the 12 from scapa but me and a friend were extremley dissapointed by the 16, didnt take tasting notes but what i can remember is a real oily (dirty) mouth feel with a very limited flavour profile. there is a chance we got a bad bottle but definatley try before you buy.

sorry for being 2 years late

11 years ago 0

@CJV8
CJV8 replied

I guess it's all down to personal opinion, but for me I find Scapa 16 a very rewarding dram. In fact I actually prefer it to the other Ornkey Distillery.

11 years ago 0

@teebone673
teebone673 replied

Saw this the other day at the local liquor store. It was 79.99 USD. I thought about it, to me it seemed a little steep to go for blind. I may rethink it once I read some reviews on it.

11 years ago 0

@FMichael
FMichael replied

The 16 yr Scapa is a nice summer dram - light in flavour (think of a more gentle version of the Balvenie 15 yr Single Barrel), and not very complex, but a decent dram - just nothing great considering the price.

11 years ago 0

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in