Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Save Lars Whisky

1 10

@markjedi1
markjedi1 started a discussion

As some of you may know, I am also a bit of a Star Wars nut. Last year, I travelled to Tunisia to restore the Lars Homestead (Luke Skywalker's home on Tatooine) with funds received through donations (see savelars.com). To celebrate, I bottled six Save Lars Whisky bottled for the crew - a fantastic Bruichladdich 20 Year Old single cask - and presented it to them at a recent convention, the Star Wars Celebration in Germany. Interest for this whisky was such, that we have decided to bottle 50 more, a limited fan edition. If this is something of interest to you as well, check out the site www.markdermul.be/savelarswhisky. Thanks and enjoy!

10 years ago

10 replies

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Hello all. The first edition of the Save Lars whisky, the Bruichladdich 20 Year Old 1992, sold out in less than a week. We are happy to announce that we have just lauched the second release (in a series of three), an Auchentoshan 24 Year Old 1989 single cask. You can imagine how happy I am to have been able to bottle a great single cask of my favourite Lowlander. Enjoy!

10 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

Hello all. The first edition of the Save Lars whisky, the Bruichladdich 20 Year Old 1992, sold out in less than a week. The second edition was a wonderful Auchentoshan 24 Year Old 1989, also long gone. We are happy to announce that we have just lauched the third and final release, another single cask today: Balmenach 14 Year Old 2001 at 50,2% ABV. Enjoy!

8 years ago 0

@Alexsweden
Alexsweden replied

Congratulations!

8 years ago 1Who liked this?

@Ol_Jas
Ol_Jas replied

So the third one is the last one, eh?

You're not going to go back and extend this series down the road, eh?

The trilogy, as you might say, is complete?

You're not going to besmirch those old beauties with any new garbage under the same title?

Interesting, interesting.

8 years ago 1Who liked this?

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

@OlJas It is indeed the last one, the trilogy is complete. I'm not sure what you mean with your final sentence and it almost sounds like it is a sneer. If that is the case, why?

8 years ago 0

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@markjedi1

I think he was referring to episodes "1, 2 and 3", the prequels to the true trilogy.

For true Star Wars fans, some might say those three films should have been left on the cutting room floor.

8 years ago 0

@Pete1969
Pete1969 replied

I would have to go with Nozinan on the call that the prequels were a poor effort considering the investment and advances in special effects the original trilogy was far better as the 3 instalments of your limited editions sound. Kudos for your efforts Mark.

8 years ago 0

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@Pete1969 I would go further and say the remastering of the originals was a crime...

8 years ago 0

@markjedi1
markjedi1 replied

@Nozinan OK, I understand now. And must say that I agree!

8 years ago 0

Liked by:

@systemdown

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in