Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Laphroaig 200th anniversary releases

1 4

stakenblocken started a discussion

Remember a while back the news came out from Laphroaig that the 15 year old is coming back? They responded to someone on twitter or one of those sites to someone who said they missed the 15 year and Laphroaig responded to them, "You'll be happy come January." January's almost over and I haven't found any more news. Anybody know when it will be coming out?

I remember right about the time that I became interested in single malt scotch they discontinued the 15 yr and I never got to try it. I constantly read that the 18 yr just doesn't cut it and I'm dying to try this 15 yr that I just barely missed the boat on.

9 years ago

4 replies

@Fiberfar
Fiberfar replied

Could it be that they mean he'd be happy for the Laphroaig 12 Years Old Nordic bottling? It's the only one I know of that was released in January (in the Nordic countries, at least).

9 years ago 0

@Jules
Jules replied

It was due for Feb 2015 according to the latest report, so shouldn't be long before we get a release date...

The old '15 was indeed a great dram - if they could recreate a similar profile & bottle it at the now standard Laph 48% then we may have a winner.

9 years ago 0

@Ol_Jas
Ol_Jas replied

@Jules , wouldn't it be great if 48% was their standard for ALL their bottlings, including the 10? I would buy it if that were the case. As it is, I don't.

I like how Talisker has a"trademark strength." More distilleries should do that, especially if it keeps them out of the 40% basement.

9 years ago 3Who liked this?

@Frost
Frost replied

@OlJas good idea. The Talisker range of 45.8% ABV is another reason I like this distillery so much.

I also like how Burn Stewart has bottled @ 46.3% ABV for Ledaig, Deanston, Bunnahaibhan & Tobermory. I have not tried Deanston, but this decision has made the whisky fall onto my "to try" list.

9 years ago 0

Liked by:

@Jules

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in