Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop

Discussions

WHISKY SUMMIT

6 119

@paddockjudge
paddockjudge started a discussion

W 20 Summit - I put forth the proposition that we assemble a collective of Connosr members to have a Whisky Summit.

I hope we could attract 20 members, perhaps we could aim for autumn 2016. Possibly a two day event with a distillery tour and structured tasting one day and an open forum the next...each delegate can bring one 'prized' bottle for the second day and we could convene proceedings for the Department of Whiskey.

As of today there are four interested members. Anyone else interested in meeting at a strategic location to conduct departmental business? The volume of trades, exchanges, and sampling would be impressive.

Interested Members @Benancio, @Nozinan, @ Robert99, @paddockjudge

8 years ago

Jump to last page

Replies: page 1/4

@newreverie
newreverie replied

@paddockjudge I'm in, but limiting myself to one prized bottle sounds very very hard. Being from Texas I think i'll find some special releases from Balcones or Garrison brothers. And don't make it labor day weekend please =D

8 years ago 1Who liked this?

@Victor
Victor replied

Well, @paddockjudge, you know that if it is feasible for me to do so, I am very likely to be there.

8 years ago 2Who liked this?

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@newreverie

You would have my significant respect if you brought that to try...

8 years ago 0

@newreverie
newreverie replied

@Nozinan I know I can get one. The hard thing will be not opening it. I suspect that If I do, there will not be enough left after a year for 20 samples.

@Benancio
Benancio replied

@paddockjudge Its a great idea! Connosr WHISKY SUMMIT Autumn 2016

Can I suggest Albuquerque New Mexico as a location, it is central located in the United States. The weather is quite nice in the fall.

I'd also be willing to host one or more evening in my home, we can meet each other and share our favorites.

There are other places in town we can meet as well, amazing micro breweries, wineries and distilleries in Santa Fe.

Benancio

8 years ago 3Who liked this?

@paddockjudge
paddockjudge replied

@Benancio, a very generous offer and one which will be given serious consideration.

8 years ago 0

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@paddockjudge So do you mean Blackout dates are GOOD dates?

@paddockjudge
paddockjudge replied

@Nozinan, to be absolutely clear, these are blackout dates on the calendar...no W20 Summit activity on these dates... and I'm not touching that double entendre....I've already made enough 'old' friends this week.

@mscottydunc
mscottydunc replied

@paddockjudge Depending on the timing, I would be up for attending this. Count me in as a potential, with confirmation or decline once a firm date has been set. Awesome idea!

8 years ago 0

@newreverie
newreverie replied

Talking location: I might suggest High West Distillery in beautiful Park City, Utah as a possible choice. They are relatively new, but I have been very impressed with their products. They are also doing some unique things both in terms of distilling in the heart of Mormon country and blending young and old whiskey and rye. Also you can ski into their distillery and restaurant.

www.highwest.com

8 years ago 0

@newreverie
newreverie replied

I've managed to get a bottle of Cowboy Bourbon. Your move connosr's =D

8 years ago 0

@sorren
sorren replied

I take it this summit is going to be in the USA .. Looks like I had better start saving .. And just what are we looking at for the bring a bottle status ?

8 years ago 0

@paddockjudge
paddockjudge replied

@sorren, it will be N. America for the inaugural. The U.S. is a good guess, but cities like Vancouver, Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal, amongst others, are likely candidates as well. September is not cast in stone. Some Snow Birds might prefer the colder months...and to that, I would suggest a second summit!

What to bring? A bottle of something that interests you and hopefully would interest others. @newreverie has indicated that he may not be able to follow this guideline. We might be emptying more than one of his offerings.

8 years ago 0

@sorren
sorren replied

So looks like a weeks holiday is in order, always fancied a trip to FedEx field to watch the Redskins.. Late September could be about right time, too much later and they will have stopped playing lol

@Alexsweden
Alexsweden replied

I'd love to come not only for the whisky but also for a chance to meet all of you who participate in the forums here. Unfortunately I don't think I could work out the logistics for traveling to the U.S like this. It's a world away from Sweden.

8 years ago 0

@sorren
sorren replied

Alexsweeden, maybe we should do a European version at same time and video link it !!! We could get a venue like ... A distillery :-)

8 years ago 0

@Alexsweden
Alexsweden replied

"coming to you live from the whisky nation of the world..." well Scotland is a stones throw away compared to the U.S.

@sorren
sorren replied

Exactly, and where better to have the meeting than at an actual distillery ..

@paddockjudge
paddockjudge replied

@newreverie, Nice Score! This time around it's a full 750 ml bottle. I'd like to have me a chew of that bourbon.

8 years ago 0

@newreverie
newreverie replied

@paddockjudge It is sitting unopened on the shelf for now. The box is pretty neat with the deer skin liner providing a very unique smell. The most surprising thing to me is the color, the stuff is very very dark. I haven't examined it too deeply yet, but it is clearly the darkest bottle on my shelf. It kind of reminds me of the top half of a glenmo signet bottle. It is hard to tell where the black wax over the top and neck ends and where the bourbon begins.

JayRain replied

Excellent idea - I am game if I qualify/extended an invite.

8 years ago 0

Liked by:

@Nozinan@SKEPTIC@PMessingerW@jeanluc + 1 others