Whisky Connosr
Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

What has happened to promised site upgrades?

1 7

@DDC
DDC started a discussion

For more than a year, the operators of this website have asked for suggestions to update the site, but have yet to follow through on their promise. It would seem they have just let this site go, as even updates to information i.e. number of bottles in your cabinet, go without change on the community members site. What attracted me to this site, is still there, but if the programers don't innovate, or improve, and keep on top of things. The website becomes stagnate. I was impressed with their initial request for suggestions. That is innovative. Yet I have sent my suggestions and several email requests for information, without any response. Has anyone else heard from the website programmers? I hope they have not abandoned the site. If my account disappears in the next few days, I guess that is our answer! An update from the programmers/website managers would be preferred and appreciated. DDC

8 years ago

7 replies

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

A

We've been getting updates on the upgrade regularly, and there was even an open invitation to volunteer to test the new site.

B

The site is pretty good as it is. The "lifeblood" of a forum is the contributions by the visitors, and you don't need fancy upgrades for that.

C

This site is FREE. We're not asked to contribute. I for one don't even notice (or ignore) the advertising. And I do see evidence of active webmaster involvement, especially when it comes to rooting out spam accounts.

So I'm pretty satisfied with the progress so far...

8 years ago 2Who liked this?

@DDC
DDC replied

Thank you for your comments. Yes, the things that attracted me to the site are still available. Just not working as they should. What is the new website address? Please provide some dates so I can review what has already been sent, other than the two initial releases.

Interestingly, I never received an invitation to test the new site or any recent updates? Automatically when I receive a response, I'm notified by email. As in your case, notifying me you had replied to my comments.

This doesn't excuse them from not updating the site in a timely manner or not responding directly to member's questions, suggestions or concerns. Or with updating the membership directly, as they have all of our email addresses already in their database. The length of time seems to indicate they have dropped the ball.

The fact it is free, is really typical of almost all websites. This is what draws you in. It is the number of hits, or members, that advertisers want to know, before they pay to have their ad included on the website. Or have a connection to their website. They get to know things like, most purchased scotch, the reaction to new releases, etc. Who is to say what is really driving this website and similar ones. Those with a vested interest to some degree.

In the last few years to generate additional income, some sites have also offered an upgrade at a nominal cost per month or year. Is this the direction this site is going?

Some answers would be nice as I do like the original concept and site. Hence the reason I have been a member for so long.

8 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

Hi @DDC, I've just replied to your email. Sorry for the slow response, it came at a busy time – I hope I've answered your questions.

We are working very hard on the "rebooted" Connosr. You can read more about it on this thread connosr.com/wall/discussion/… and see some earlier screenshots posted here reboot.connosr.com/first-look

Abandoned? Quite the opposite, we're working every hour possible to make the site great again.

8 years ago 0

@DDC
DDC replied

Interesting timing - some site information was updated shortly after my comments were made. So someone is watching. So hopefully some new information will filter down sooner instead of later.

8 years ago 0

@DDC
DDC replied

Thanks, Jean-Luc for the update. I'm glad the site is still a priority and this confirms Nozinan's comments that it is being looked at regularly.

8 years ago 0

@jeanluc
jeanluc replied

@DDC, see my answers below:

Re: Interestingly, I never received an invitation to test the new site or any recent updates?

– We mentioned on the site that we were looking for Beta testers. A few people responded and have helped to test an early version of the new site. It's not the sort of thing we would email to every registered member.

Re: some sites have also offered an upgrade at a nominal cost per month or year. Is this the direction this site is going?

– Connosr will always be free to use.

Re: Interesting timing - some site information was updated shortly after my comments were made. So someone is watching.

– We fixed this following your email @DDC

8 years ago 0

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@Jean-Luc - not "great again", it's still great. As it is it is one of the top sites (for whisky) that I visit. Maybe "better than ever" would be a better way to put it.

8 years ago 2Who liked this?

Liked by:

@paddockjudge

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in