Menu
Shop Join

Discussions

Synthetic Alcohol?

0 9

9 replies

@Victor
Victor replied

...oh yeah, give it a year. Then no one will drink whisky any more and everyone will "drink" some synthetic chemical replacement stuff. What could be better? "Tipsy" without tasting any wood or grain flavours? What could be better? Who needs to taste anything good? Obviously it is much better idea to ingest some synthetic "soma" drug than to age whisky in wooden barrels, and to taste natural flavours.

7 years ago 1Who liked this?

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@Victor

I hope you're right. This could be just the thing to burst the whisky bubble and make scotch affordable again... for those of us who drink to taste, not for the buzz.

7 years ago 0

@Victor
Victor replied

@Nozinan, I'd be delighted to see the whisky price bubble punctured by something as simple as some artificial drug compound. I think that it will actually take something far more unpleasant, like world-wide economic depression.

7 years ago 0

@Alexsweden
Alexsweden replied

I would think that you are unfortunately right in that.

7 years ago 0

@newreverie
newreverie replied

@Nozinan Star Trek synthol was the first thing that came to my mind. I wonder if there is a way to adjust flavor to match the characteristics of different distilled grains.

7 years ago 0

@Nozinan
Nozinan replied

@newreverie

There is on star trek...but Scotty was able to tell the difference...

I'd be interested. I would love to drink more whisky but I don't want more alcohol. I'd be happiest for 0% ABV and full flavour. But I would not want the even mild effects of this particular "synthahol"

7 years ago 0

@Ol_Jas
Ol_Jas replied

@Nozinan , yeah, it's funny how high-octane whisky (or most any whisky, really) has that built-in brake that we gotta respect. I too would happily scarf zero-alcohol but full-taste whisky like it was going out of style. Instead, we gots ta take it slow & steady.

7 years ago 0

@Frost
Frost replied

If "no hang overs" is their biggest selling point, then they're looking for the binge drinking crowd.

You can enjoy a dram of synthetic alcohol, served at a generous 20% ABV (Cause the Scotch laws wont apply and companies will sell you the lowest ABV they can get away with) with a lab grown slice of soy-beef served by your robot girlfriend LOL

7 years ago 1Who liked this?

You must be signed-in to comment here

Sign in