Show rating data charts
Distribution of ratings for this:
Glenturret is better known as the home of Scotland's best selling blended whisky, The Famous Grouse. I believe this is the first Glenturret I’ve tried. I didnt write down who provided the sample but I think it was my friend Kyle.
- Nose (undiluted): butterscotch, grapes, brown sugar, slightly "bread-ish", a touch of vanilla. After a good rest in the glass some sherry notes come forward (red fruit) and it also becomes a bit more citric, with lemons and grapefruit (the meat, not the bitter pith).
- Palate: very soft and light on arrival, vanilla, butterscotch, a bit nutty
- Finish: medium length, some hazelnuts, weak tea, a few lingering oak tannins
- With water: things get flat and bitter. The whole thing kind of falls apart with a little water. Don’t bother with the water.
- Thoughts: An inoffensive whisky, but this isn't anything I'd seek out/pay for. I'm glad the sherry casks show no sulphur taint, but this one isn’t really thrilling my taste buds.