- Brand: Johnnie Walker
- ABV: 40%
This was a mystery sample provided by @Nozinan
Neat from a Glencairn
- Nose: Green apples, pears, honey, something slightly vegetal, with time there is a hint of sultanas coming through. With a good rest, there are some spices coming through but they’re faint.
- Palate: light bodied, red fruits, honey, a bit of melon, a touch of oak, a touch of balsamic vinegar
- Finish: medium length, malty notes, chocolate, a whisp of smoke, green apple lingering
- Thoughts: I’m thinking this is a Highland Park 15 Year Old, or something along those lines. This is an interesting whisky, but I’m not in love with it. I’d be perfectly happy to drink this with friends or get it as a gift, but I’m not sure I’d want to purchase a bottle.
- Reveal: Johnnie Walker Blue Label. Well there you go. I've had this once before, but it was years ago in a hotel bar with a friend of mine before I started seriously tasting whisky. While this whisky wasn't bad by any means, there's no way I'd pay $300 for a bottle. In fact, I'm not sure I'd buy a bottle with my own money. It's fine and all, but there's literally no "wow" factor here.