We're very close to rolling out our new whisky scoring system here on Connosr - so we thought we'd give you a sneak peek of how it's going to work.
A peak at our new scoring system - which doesn't use watercolours
After sharing our early thoughts with you last year we had a bit more time to consider all the options - so this solution is an evolution of our initial proposal.
Try the demo
You can preview the new system with this demo version, feel free to have a play around with it.
What you need to know
- Stars are out
- The 100 point scale is in
- Review authors will be able to choose between 'Simple' and 'Advanced' scoring
- 'Simple' scoring uses a sliding scale with visual indicators to encourage consistent scoring
- 'Advanced' scoring will allow you to break down the score by Nose, Taste, Finish & Balance - 25 points for each
- Existing scores will be multiplied by 10 so, for example, 8.5 stars will convert to 85/100
- Users with reviews in the system will be able to amend their score during an 'amnesty' period
Let us know what you think.