Average score from 4 reviews and 4 ratings 73

• Add to cabinet
  • Add to wish list
@Uisgebetha
Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old

Starts full of promise but the introduction of bitterness on the palate and through the finish really counts against this dram for me. Totally different from the 10 year old with the sherry influence dominating. An interesting comparison for those that get the chance to visit this distillery. Nose: Butter, sherry, sultanas. Rich with promise.
Taste: Slightly bitter, fruity and full bodied. Finish: Bitterness gets worse and then diminishes with the other flavours.

C

I recently had the pleasure of a Bushmills Distillery tour which was excellent. I brought a bottle of this reserve back as a gift for a friend. We enjoyed it, and had a second round the following week to finish off the bottle and head into some blends.

Honey with sherry on the nose and a sweetness of nuts with no real strong overtones.

Soft and smooth on the body. Complex and slightly on the sherry side of things. Slightly oily.

Nice finish of fruits and nuts. Dry with oak.

Overall Comment: A well presented, smooth, subtle and clean whisky, enjoyable but not the distiller's best.

Welcome to Connosr @CharlieWhisky. Nice review, first of many I hope!

Thanks Piero for the welcome! I am writing a few down today that have enjoyed recently! Love the sight...Great Work!

@quirkzoo

My brother brought back this unique bottle from a recent visit and it is only available for purchase at the distillery.

I must admit that I am a fan of the regular bottle of Bushmills and annually buy one for St. Patrick's day. With that said this bottle goes well beyond the normally pleasant Bushmills.

The nose has a strong sherry presentation with a hint of sweetness. The sweetness was not of a particular fruitiness, if I had to classify it I would compare it to caramel.

The body is a fairly straightforward malt not overly complex. It did leave me with a thin oily coating in my mouth which was not unpleasant but didn't add to the whiskey.

The bottle claims a finish of almonds and marzipan but I would say it tasted more like boiled peanuts. My dad used to get boiled peanuts from a store down the street so they have good associations in my memory.

Overall it was a very nice drink but nothing jumped out as unique or spectacular.

@finski145

I had a change to visit Bushmills and bring home a bottle of Bushmills Single Irish Malt Whiskey 12 years Old Distillery Reserve. It has been aged in the oaks casks for 12 to 14 years. It is one of most round whiskeys that I have tested. There is a bit of nuttiness in it with sweetness from sherries.The only bad part of it that you have go and get from Bushmills :-(

Popular Bushmills whiskies