Talisker 10 Year Old 20cl

• Finish
  • Balance
  • Overall

Show rating data charts

Distribution of ratings for this: brand user

Some time ago I posted a review of the Distiller's Edition (which was part of a Talisker 3-Pack I acquired). Now it's time for the ubiquitous Talisker 10.

A shimmering light golden honey colour. Nose has, first and foremost, peat on the front, but also honey, vanilla, white pepper, raisin, all carried by a salty breeze. Very clean and refreshing.

It has a dry mouthfeel but the palate is beautiful. The peat goes more toward the back and is fronted by lemon zest, some cereal notes, maltiness, honey, dates and those raisins. Delicious!

A long, smoky, lingering finish. This is fantastically balanced between smoke, salt and fruitiness. And water brings everything out!

I could never tire of this one - I love it! But I may love the 57 Degrees North Talisker even more - I'll have that review in the coming weeks...

Related Talisker reviews

2 comments

@thecyclingyogi
thecyclingyogi commented

another solid review, brother. had a dram of this last night, one of my "everyday" favourites.

4 years ago

bfb commented

The latest bottles of Talisker bear no resemblance to previous batches. It can leave a nasty taste in your mouth. If you like the taste of bile, then buy the latest batch, if not, I suggest buying something else. I used to love Talisker but I'll be taking a break from it until I can be assured that it tastes good again and/or Diageo give the brand to somebody competent. Complaining to Diageo is a complete waste of your time and money as they won't even send you enough to reimburse you for the bottle you return to them and then they ignore your emails.

4 years ago